The Devil Makes Three and The Travelin’ McCourys to headline award-winning festival
WHAT Charm City Bluegrass Festival, winner of the 2016 International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Momentum Award for Event of the Year and 2015 Best Festival by Baltimore Magazine, invites music lovers to gather in Druid Hill Park on Friday, April 27 and/or Saturday, April 28 for the sixth annual celebration of bluegrass with three stages, 21 bands and two days of family-friendly festivities including local food vendors, adult beverages provided by Union Craft Brewery and Jack’s Hard Cider, artists, kid’s games, crafts, spontaneous jam sessions, and more.
New this year, the festival is expanding to a two-day event. Friday and Saturday there will be three stages to provide festival goers with a comprehensive musical experience featuring traditional and progressive bluegrass, folk, and Americana.
The dynamic musical lineup, headlined by The Devil Makes Three and The Travelin’ McCourys, brings national and regionally-known bluegrass artists together during the two day festival. There will also be a late night after-party Saturday at the 8×10 featuring more bluegrass music and entertainment.
The official lineup includes:
Friday, April 27 (Doors open at 4 p.m.)
- The Travelin’ McCourys (part of the Road to DelFest)
- Caleb Stine
- The Honey Dewdrops
- Mile Twelve
- Colebrook Road
Saturday, April 28, 2018 (10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- The Devil Makes Three
- The Steeldrivers
- Jeff Austin Band (Late Night at the 8×10)
- Billy Strings
- Larry Keel Experience
- Trout Steak Revival
- Special Consensus
- Front Country
- The Lonely Heartstring Band
- Circa Blue
- Country Current (US Navy Bluegrass Band)
- Blue Stone
- Mountain Ride
- Haint Blue
- High and Wides
- Man About a Horse (Late Night at the 8×10)
WHEN Friday, April 27, 2018
Doors open at 4 p.m.
Friday night festival ends at 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Doors open at 10 a.m.
Festival ends at 9:30 p.m.
WHERE Druid Hill Park
3100 Swann Drive
Baltimore, MD 21217
COST Two-Day Package Ticket
Friday and Saturday Admission: $75
General Admission: $30
Early Bird General Admission: $52.00
VIP Admission: $170
VIP Tickets Include:
- Enhanced VIP meals (Saturday-only)
- Reserved, complementary parking in Druid Hill Park
- VIP restrooms
- VIP seating area centered for optimal viewing of both stages
- Standing room only space directly in front of the stages
- Bottomless UNION Craft Brewing beer (Saturday-only)
- More perks to be announced!
Kids 10 and Under: Free!
Additional Charm City Bluegrass Events
Leading up to the festival, Charm City Bluegrass will host a number of events and concerts in 2018 to provide Baltimore with bluegrass music year-round, including:
- Battle of the Bands Round 1 @ Union Craft Brewing – Jan. 12, 2018
- An Evening with Charm City Bluegrass, The Charm City Bluegrass Documentary Screening @ WTMD – Feb. 1, 2017
- Battle of the Bands Round 2 @ Union Craft Brewing – Feb. 2, 2018
- Sierra Hull Live at Westminster Hall – Feb. 10, 2018
- Battle of the Bands Final @ 8×10 – March 10, 2018