By Matthew Vilevac
Spring has officially sprung, and festival season quickly approaches! It’s time to dust off your dancing shoes, grab a friend, and head out to a place where you can start working on those moves. Send cabin fever into next season and check out some of the cool events going on in the area this week!
We are celebrating our 5th year tomorrow, and we couldn’t have done it without YOU! To celebrate, we want to share a dance or two. Come on out to the 8×10 in Baltimore and enjoy performances from People’s Blues of Richmond, Deaf Scene, and Squaring the Circle. It’s a party!
Coming off a red hot Nugs.net webcast from the Brooklyn Bowl, Dopapod is heading to Pittsburgh this Thursday (3/30), followed by a stop in the city of Brotherly Love (Buffalo) on April Fool’s Day. All kidding aside, it is ones best interest to catch these shows if you live in the state of PA. Chi-town (Chicago) will also be blasting off this Friday (3/31) when the psychonaut Toro Y Moi lights up The Mid. A master of the Chillwave, Toro stands alongside other greats such as Tycho, Washed Out, and Neon Indians. Tickets are still available for $15-20 via Ticketfly.
Light City Baltimore will be transforming the city into a splendor of color, community and art from March 31st until April 8th. In addition to all of the incredible events unfolding over the nine days, the boys will be providing the light with a free…I repeat, FREE performance. This is not a joke! If you’re not quite ready to go home after the show, check out the Papadosio @ Light City After-party feat. LITZ w/ DELTAnine, Over 9000 at the Baltimore Soundstage from 9:30pm – 1:45am.
Festivals this weekend:
Other upcoming shows to not miss:
Funk, improv, perhaps a cover or two, and laughter will fill your ears to capacity!
- 3/28 – Fishbone w/ Killer of Sheep – Rex Theater – Pittsburgh, PA
- 3/29 – “The Jamwich 5th Birthday Party” feat. People’s Blues of Richmond, Deaf Scene, Squaring the Circle – The 8X10 – Baltimore, MD
- 3/29 – Matisyahu – The State Theatre – State College, PA
- 3/30 – Pitchblak Brass Band – Gypsy Sally’s – Washington, DC
- 3/30 – Jouwala Collective w/ Squaring the Circle – The Camel – Richmond, VA
- 3/30 – Dopapod w/ Sweet Earth – Rex Theater – Pittsburgh, PA
- 3/30-4/1 – “New Mind Fest” feat. The Phryg, Hedwig and the Angry Musical, and more – Dante’s Bar -Frostburg, MD
- 3/31 – Toro Y Moi – The Mid – Chicago, IL
- 3/31 – “Cabin Fever Meltdown” feat. Jones for Revival – Beachland Ballroom – Cleveland, OH
- 3/31 – Larry Keel – Mousetrap – Indianapolis, IN
- 4/1 – Larry Keel – Kenny’s Westside Pub – Peoria, IL
- 4/1 – Papadosio – Light City Baltimore – Baltimore, MD
- 4/1 – LITZ / DELTAnine, Over 9000 – Baltimore Soundstage – Baltimore, MD
- 4/2 – Magic Beans – Woodlands Tavern – Columbus, OH
What’s up next week?
The Fuz Tour April 8th
River St. Jazz Café
Wilkes Barre, PA